Buying a sofa should be a simple process, but unfortunately, this is not always the case. If you’ve been looking for a new sofa, then you already understand why.
Firstly, there are hundreds, upon hundreds of choices available, and when you do finally agree on one, it can end up being the wrong shape, size or style for your home, often resulting in you spending more than you originally intended.
With everything we have to deal with on a day to day basis, can’t we do without this extra stress?
Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be this way – that’s why we have put together a handy guide to save you any unnecessary hassle while buying a sofa sets:
1. Measure Everything First:
Many of us make the common mistake of buying the sofa we love and want, only to find that it won’t fit through the front door, let alone into the room we want to put it in.
When you make this mistake, you risk damaging not only your lovely, brand new sofa but your door frames, walls, and anything else that might get in the way.
Measuring everything beforehand may seem like extra work, but when you have had a smooth, hassle-free installation and you are relaxing on your new sofa with a nice cup of tea, you will be so glad that you took the time.
- All measurements should be taken in cm.
- Where applicable, you should measure the height, width, and depth.
- Make sure you measure all doorways and corridors that the new furniture must pass through.
- Measure the space in which you will place the new sofa.
2. Select Your Style:
After taking all the measurements, you should give some consideration to the style you are looking for. Think about what you want to see amongst the decor and furniture already in your home. Knowing this will make your search much easier as you will already have an idea of what you want before you even start looking.
To help you further, swatches are available, so you can see for yourself which colours and fabrics will be right for you and your home.
Things to consider:
- Do you prefer a style that is modern or classic?
- Would you like a sofa that comes in fabric or leather?
- Do you like design that is minimal or extravagant?
3. Know Your Budget:
Sofas nowadays can range anywhere from £300 to £3,000 and even more than that. The cost is generally dependent on the design, the fabrics and whether it is being custom made for you.
If your budget is at the lower end, it does not mean you have to settle for less than you want and deserve.
You can have a designer look and luxury, for prices that won’t break the bank. You just have to be willing to take the time to look for it.
4. Get More for Your Money:
When you are purchasing a sofa, remember that there are services you are entitled to during the process to will ensure your money goes further.
1. Ask for leather or fabric swatches, to define exactly what you want your sofa to be like. Having the chance to see, touch and feel the texture, will make the decision much easier.
2. Check and see if there are any deals available with the sofa you are choosing, thus bringing the price down and/or adding extra elements to your purchase.
3. Make sure you seek out the best frame guarantee possible and make your purchase from a trusted seller/retailer, that you feel comfortable with.
4. Ensure that you receive advice from your seller on how to maintain and properly take care of your sofa.
To see our range of Sofas available, and for an easy shopping experience, click HERE!